Natural Health Science News The latest news and top resources on natural health.

Suicide

Coffee drinking tied to lower risk of suicide

Posted July 25, 2013

Drinking several cups of coffee daily appears to reduce the risk of suicide in men and women by about 50 percent, according to a new study by researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH). The study was published online July 2 in The World Journal of Biological Psychiatry.

Read More

9 Sun Protective Foods

Posted April 30, 2012

You may be surprised to learn that many common foods offer some protection to your skin from the potentially damaging rays of the sun, from the inside out. This SPF or sun protective factor aspect of foods has to do with the presence of certain antioxidant compounds. Plants produce antioxidants within their own tissues to protect their own cells from premature destruction, due to exposure to heat, light, air, moisture and time.

Read More

Grapes protect against ultraviolet radiation

Posted April 30, 2012

Some compounds found in grapes help to protect skin cells from the sun’s ultraviolet radiation, according to a study by researchers from the University of Barcelona and the CSIC (Spanish National Research Council). The study supports the use of grapes or grape derivatives in sun protection products.

Read More

Use natural ways to screen excess UV rays

Posted April 30, 2012

While it is true that we all need regular exposure to sunlight, there are also limits as to how much our skin can take. If you are fair skinned and burn easily, you don’t have to apply sun block lotions that are full of chemicals, preservatives and artificial colors and scents. There are actually natural materials and alternative ways that you can shield your skin from the sometimes damaging effects of UV rays.

Read More

Caucasians who avoid sun exposure more likely to be vitamin D deficient

Posted April 30, 2012

Light-skinned people who avoid the sun are twice as likely to suffer from vitamin D deficiency as those who do not, according to a study of nearly 6,000 people by researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine. Surprisingly, the use of sunscreen did not significantly affect blood levels of vitamin D, perhaps because users were applying too little or too infrequently, the researchers speculate.

Read More

Sex in the Sun May Increase Your Fertility

Posted April 30, 2012

Fertility problems plague approximately 15% of couples attempting to conceive. Population studies show that of the 15% affected, about 30-40% of infertility is attributable to the males health with the remaining 70-60% due to the females health.

Read More

Vitamin C Serum is a Natural Treatment for Sun Damaged Skin

Posted April 30, 2012

Natural health and wellness company True Healthy Products is releasing a brand new skin care line called, Pure Clean Skin which features a Vitamin C+ 12% Serum that stimulates cell renewal and the production of both collagen and elastin to help heal aging or sun damaged skin.

Read More